Monday, January 19, 2009

Kate Winslet and Catherine Deneuve

With her Golden Globes wins and potential Oscar in sight, this year Kate Winslet is certainly becoming a style icon and renowned actress. In the December edition of Vanity Fair she posed for a provocative photo shoot. Kate is looking amazing and I can't wait to see what she wears to the Oscars!

These risqué photos were a tribute to Catherine Deneuve in the 1967 film Belle de Jour. Since I didn't know much about Catherine Deneuve, I wanted to find out a bit more about this french actress and fashion icon. She is considered the muse of Yves Saint Laurent, as he dressed her in several films including Belle de Jour. She was also the face of Chanel No. 5 in the 1970s and in 2007 she was in Louis Vuitton luggage ads. Now I definitely want to check out the french film Belle de Jour.Kate+Winslet+Vanity+Fair+CoverKate Winslet in Vanity FairKate Winslet in Vanity FairCatherine DeneuveCatherine Deneuve

1 comment:

  1. I have been dying to see this film for years upon years but I never knew what it was called or who was in it. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete